Cyber Systems Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA 22134, US
Job Description BAE Systems Intelligence & Security division is seeking a Cyber Systems Analyst to join our team in Quantico, VA in support of a Maritime effort for (MAGIC) Marine Corps Intelligence Activity Analysis, Geospatial Imagery, and Counterintelligence Support Services program.
What is it like working for a company that helps governments recognize, manage, and defeat threats? Exciting, invigorating and satisfying.
The candidate will provide direct support to MCIA to provide situational awareness and intelligence production and analysis for numerous AORs. Candidate will conduct analysis using intelligence and information from multiple sources to assess, interpret, forecast, and explain a range of national security issues and developments that are regional or functional in nature. Provides all-source analytic support to collections, operations, investigations, and other defense intelligence analytic requirements.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- At least 3 years of relevant experience with a portion of that experience being within the last 2 years.
- Provide portfolio specific analysis, expertise, and intelligence production as specified below.
- Assess the cybersecurity posture of a USMC defense program, ensuring the program is evolving with the best cybersecurity practices, prioritizing cyber threats based on factual cyber analysis.
- Analyze foreign capabilities to detect, disrupt, and deny USMC emissions and signals throughout the cyber kill chain, to include, but not limited to emissions from targeting, communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) assets, reversible and non-reversible attacks.
- Identify, monitor, and assess advancements in emerging and commercial technologies that could be employed by state and non-state actors to detect, disrupt, and deny USMC acquisition programs’ network infrastructure.
- Identify significant risk characteristics of the environment such as classification of network, baseline activity, architecture, operating system, services, connectivity and bandwidth.
- Identify the limits of the network to be collected against.
- Establish limits of the supporting or connected networks that may need to be collected against.
- Evaluate existing databases and identify intelligence gaps.
- Use open source to gather Publicly Available Information (PAI).
- Explore the physical battlespace; how could the environment affect tactical operation.
Analyze other characteristics of the battlespace such as security, auditing procedures, and backup systems.
- Evaluate the adversary on physical location of all assets, architecture and automation skills, security and policies, baseline activity, peculiarities and vulnerabilities, capabilities, and conclusions that address: Rules of Engagement (ROE) for Information Assurance (IA), Computer Network Defense (CND) and Computer Network Attack (CNA).
- Determine adversary’s Courses of Action (COA). Identify the adversary’s likely objectives and desired end state. Identify the full set of COA’s available to the adversary, at a minimum the most likely and most dangerous should be developed. Develop COA’s based on enemy perception of friendly information architecture (reverse cyber IPB). Evaluate and prioritize each adversary COA. Refine COA’s as time and new information allow.
- Evaluate foreign Computer Network Defense (CND) and Computer Network Attack (CNA) capabilities, limitations, and vulnerabilities. Assess potential vulnerabilities of USMC tactical systems to CNA to include systems related to targeting, ISR, and navigation assets. Define the battlespace effects.
- Analyze the battlespace environment for information, services and networks, such as confidentiality, integrity, availability; and protect, detect, respond, restore and conduct reviews.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Customer is requesting a seasoned Intelligence Analyst preferably with multi-INT expertise, excellent research, writing, and briefing skills to customer senior leadership, as they pertain to an intelligence environment supporting critical operations.
- Bachelor's degree in an area related to the field of work.
Full-Time Salary Range: $61820 - $105050
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom