Cyber System Admin Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76108-3619, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Join an extraordinary company culture and the winning team to success this year and for years to come.
The BAE Systems' F-35 Solutions Team has an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Systems Administrator that entails administering, maintaining, and monitoring Linux servers’ statuses and alerts in a hybrid environment as well as the installation, configuration, and maintenance of associated software, components and infrastructure. This position also ensures that system infrastructure and associated components adhere to customer organizational policies and cybersecurity requirements.
This position is responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by government contractor standards and associated NIST/CMMC publications. This position includes maintaining Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals for various systems by adhering to the organization’s Risk Management Framework (RMF). This position also supports cybersecurity assurance throughout the RMF process for one or more assigned programs(s) to include supporting the development and management of System Security documentation, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), implementing cybersecurity controls, assessing and auditing systems security controls, and continuous monitoring of these controls.
Manage IT system infrastructure, applications/software, and processes related to those systems. Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems, as well as escalation and status communications to agency management and internal customers. Configure and manage Linux and some Windows operating systems. Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving applications, operating systems, hardware, infrastructure, and any combination thereof. Able to troubleshoot, as well as maintain the integrity and configuration of network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance. Manage customers’ technologies in hybrid systems including the transition and migration onto new architecture.
Advancement of skills for system administration and cybersecurity assurance will be supported with continued training, mentoring, and development plans designed for hybrid platforms with rigorous cybersecurity standards.
Due to the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform some work onsite because of the nature of this particular role, it will be performed as hybrid with both onsite and remote work.
Why Fort Worth?
You’ve got to see it to believe why it is one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation. Fort Worth has bloomed into a diverse area where western heritage has merged with diverse culture and technology excellence. Fort Worth is host to major defense and naval employment. This city’s Cultural District hosts 6 world-class museums like the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and the Kimball Art Museum. The city is also home to the Fort Worth Zoo that is recognized by USA Today and the Los Angeles Times as one of the best in the nation. The historic Stockyards hosts the world’s only twice-daily cattle drive with longhorns. Sundance Square and the downtown area is home to the Fort Worth Water Gardens and hosts a burgeoning foodie culture, community festivals, and more. As a major city in the DFW Metroplex, there is nearby access to surrounding areas that are home to the Dallas Cowboys, the Dallas Mavericks, and FC Dallas along with Texas Motor Speedway, Six Flags Over Texas and many other venues. The metroplex also has a wide variety of suburbs with excellent school districts and additional dining and activities for those who are considering relocation. As one of the busiest airports in the world, nearby DFW Airport provides direct access to just about anywhere.
The F-35 Program allows you to be a part of the next generation fighter jet program. Working in tandem with our other Team members from around the country and BAE Systems UK, you will get to not only grow and develop critical skill sets in software development, testing and validation but you will be directly supporting the warfighter worldwide!
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Minimum Education and Experience
BS degree with an emphasis in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively with software engineering teams
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Must have the ability to create and maintain technical documentation using industry accepted methods.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
- Project experience with administering, monitoring, and troubleshooting with Linux (SUSE, RHEL, and other variants)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Assist customers and their users in accessing and using IT systems and work with other IT departments for requisitions and compliance.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the operating systems, applications/software, and associated infrastructure.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Implement and support cybersecurity compliance with NIST, CMMC, and other standards including monitoring, analyzing, and auditing tasks for user accounts, user activities, security events, resource usage, and other applicable metrics
- Maintain/test backups and disaster recovery responses
- Initiate and complete flaw remediation, incident response, risk management, corrective actions, internal reviews/audits, et al.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources and cybersecurity compliance
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed
- Work with SUSE, RHEL, and other Linux variants as well as some Windows Servers Operating Systems
- Implement and/or coordinate system, software, and infrastructure upgrades and patching according to organizational standards and best practices
- Investigations into system level requirements/issues
- Anticipate needs of the network and computer systems before setting it up and install new software per change management process
- Follow change management process to maintain and generate (as required) documentation of changes to system (e.g., patching, upgrading, etc.) and network changes, and provide for inclusion in Configuration Baseline
- Implement cybersecurity controls and analysis associated with RMF, networks, components, system protocols, processes, COTS technology, and software development.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to work on routine projects or tasks such as collecting logs and data to help evaluate and optimize performance and password resets as required
- Ability to use professional knowledge to analyze information and resolve problems.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions on work assignments.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom