Cyber Security, Senior Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tucson, AZ 85707, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team of professionals as a Cybersecurity/Information System Security Manager (ISSM). The qualified candidate will be working with the Technical Operation team to support and maintain Compass Call delivered Mission systems at Davis Monthan, AFB. The candidate will serve as the Information System Security Manager for Mission systems within his/her purview in support to the Compass Call program, to include, operations, training and test. The candidate will serve as the principle advisor on all compliance matters, technical or otherwise, involving the security of Information Systems under his/her purview.
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a Davis Monthan, AFB facility 100% of the time.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Performing cyber system engineering activities.
- Lead Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities for DoD and Intelligence Systems in accordance with Risk Management Framework and ICD-503 guidelines.
- Develop and maintain information system security boundaries, including, security concepts of operation (SECONOPS), risk management matrix, security control traceability matrix (SCTM), security test procedures, plan of action and milestones (POA&M), and local site policies and procedures.
- Conducting, coordinating and analyzing vulnerability scans utilizing ACAS
- Identifying and implementing vulnerability resolutions and/or mitigations.
- Conducting security test events to achieve accreditation milestones.
- This position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have/possess an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
- IAM Level III certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
- Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills; works well in a IPT environment with other CLS team leaders and onsite staff. Works well with BAE Systems Cyber leads and members towards common goals and milestones.
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and lead teams; Good mentoring and communications skills. Ability to lead and develop a cohesive team in support of Cyber mission requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision; Planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures that resulted in an ATO
- Experience with DISA STIGs, IAVA compliance hardening, vulnerability scans and remediation
Experience with traditional A&A tools: ACAS/Nessus, HBSS, Xacta, eMASS, SCAP Scanner, STIG Viewer.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Run and maintain the entire information assurance program for more complex efforts or area.
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals).
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
- Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (ACAS/Nessus, SCAP).
- Experience with the review and creation of mitigation reports from compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (ACAS/Nessus, SCAP).
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Experience with conducting all aspects of a self-inspection
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom