Cyber Security Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sterling, VA 20166-9411, US
Engineering & Technology
This BAE Systems program supports our federal customer who plays a key role in providing direct cybersecurity engineering support. This program provides systems and security engineering and integration support to specific Government-sponsored projects, pilots and prototypes. This includes solution planning and engineering, defining security requirements, target architecture, interoperability and integration, system testing, Verification and Validation, Modeling and Simulation, studies and analysis, post-deployment security validation (PDSV), and project risk management. As part of this team, you will contribute to the engineering of current and emerging cybersecurity systems, policies, and processes to enforce standards and identify vulnerabilities and capability gaps, and reduce cybersecurity risk of our customer networks.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Reports to Program Manager and will Manage 4 Team Leads with a downline of up to 40 employees consisting of Information Assurance Specialists, Information System Security Officers, Information System Security Engineers, and Penetration Testers
- Will lead security-engineering efforts for each project, consistent with customer and program security and engineering processes and policies
- Supports data, system, and network security needs in the architecture, design, engineering, and implementation of security solutions
- Will develop and design security solutions to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and the availability of information assets throughout the enterprise
- Identifies and develops improvements to security controls currently in place
- Organizes workflows setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company's plans and vision
- Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends, communicates, and implements new security software or devices. Implements, enforces, communicates, and may develop internet, network, or other information security policies or security plans for data, internet, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience as a System Security Lead managing direct reports
- SME level experience in Information Assurance
- Knowledge of government system security requirements
- CISSP certification
- Ability to oversee multiple teams
- Must have background in knowledge of data management, cyber mitigation techniques, and great communication skills to work with multiple senior-level government sponsors.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Previous EOD from DHSAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom