Cyber Security Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a qualified Information Assurance / Security Lead to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) located at one of the five Regional Defense Shared Research Centers (DSRC) including Stennis Space Center, MS; Vicksburg, MS; Wright-Patterson AFB, OH; Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD; or Kihei, HI
The successful candidate will serve as the local DRSC Information Systems Security (ISS) senior representative responsible for the delivery, management and continuous process improvement of operational security information systems by providing Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) engineering and analysis. This position will analyze, diagnose and resolve issues with security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate systems. Research attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures. Maintain hardware, software and network firewalls and encryption protocols. Administers security policies to control physical and virtual access to systems.
• Coordinating security-related policies, procedures, guidelines with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
• Reporting all security-related incidents to the ISSM
• Developing and maintaining the System Security Plan (SSP)
• Conducting periodic reviews of the SSP and any security related documentation
• Implementing Risk Management Framework (RMF) controls throughout the infrastructure of the DSRC, utilizing eMASS as the tracking and reporting tool
• Ensuring systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
• Ensuring that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting privileged access to the IS
• Ensuring vulnerability scanning, resolution and management is tracked to completion or mitigation
• Managing compliance with DISA requirements including Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and any additional requirements as leveraged by the HPC Program
• Promoting awareness of security issues among management and team.
• Developing and implementing training to ensure the systems, network and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to security policies and procedures
• Monitoring and reporting the training status and requirements to support the DSRC mission
• Developing and presenting technical briefings, reports, articles, and presentations to the DSRC user community and HPC security community
• Representing the DSRC at meetings on technical matters relating to IA, networks, and use of advanced computational systems
• Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team, and leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• CISSP Certification
• Strong communication skills to interact with customers, management personnel, and team members, including documentation and writing skills.
• Must have an ability to present simple, easily understood solutions to executive leadership and customers where complex technical problems exist
• A Continuous Improvement, Enterprise focused mindset (reduce complexity, maximize commonality/standardization)
• Prior RMF experience
• Experience working on DoD programs in a senior security role,
• Organizational skills to prioritize work in a dynamic work environment and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
• Familiarity with DoD system security accreditation processes
Preferred Skills and Education:
• System Administration background is desirable.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4, or obtain within 6 months of start date
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- System Administration background
- Experience with HPC systems
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom