Cyber Security Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
State Of, TX 78641, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Job Description:
The Inc. Cyber Security Endpoint Team is responsible for providing support in the development of tools and services that enable the Global Security Operations Center to detect and respond to threats across the organization.
If you join us, you will perform many of the following duties:
- Architecture, design, and implementation of new solutions as well as upgrading existing solutions.
- Provide security application support, including the development of automated scripts and protocols for seamless application-server interaction.
- Develop documentation including but not limited to: installation guides, Visio network and cabling diagrams, configuration guides, user tutorials, user and system requirements specification documentation, use cases and processes.
- Provide back up support to other engineers with enterprise tools. This may involve learning new tools and/or software solutions while working closely with other team members.
- Working hand-in-hand with our 24/7 GSOC to support their needs.
- Analyzing security requirements, future growth requirements, feasibility for virtualization, resource requirements, risk mitigation, functional analysis, interface systems analysis, technical assessments, technology benchmarking, enterprise architecture analysis, and requirement analysis.
- Responding to and successfully triaging user requests via the phone, email, or the incident management system.
This is a hands-on technical position which requires the ability to apply existing knowledge and theoretical concepts to real-world situations and a reasonable user interface. You must work only under general direction, and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. Additionally, you must represent the Cyber organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects and tools assigned.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills:
- 5+ years of proven enterprise tools experience
- Antimalware tool management and support experience
- Solid networking and security principals
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Great ability to work with others
- Extreme flexibility
- Strong work ethic
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Programming/scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, HTML, PHP.
- Operating systems administration experience including primarily Windows but some UNIX.
- Some experience writing and maintaining web APIs.
- Solid end to end troubleshooting abilities using tools such as ping, trace route, wireshark, tcpdump, procmon, task manager, etc.
The candidate must have or be near completion of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in a computer science related field i.e. CS Information Security, Information Systems Management, etc. or have comparable work experience.
You must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance on employment.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom