Cyber Engineer - Principal Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Gordon, GA 30905, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing the U.S. Army Cyber Command with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber security, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. The cyberspace domain is one of the most critical areas of national defense. It is a field that requires the most highly trained, professional, and knowledgeable people available. Join us and learn what inspired work is all about.
We're ready for any challenge are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about!
The IA Engineer acts as a Security Engineer and is a senior member of the Security Engineering team, and is responsible for the technical security operations in supporting a large customer on a unique contract.
• Performance in multiple areas of information security including security monitoring, continuous monitoring and analysis, enterprise audit, security compliance, security event monitoring and analysis, data management, analytic rule development/adjustment, incident response and investigative support
• Deliver technical security expertise in the operation of an enterprise class system, dealing with events caused by internal and external factors and the related mitigation recommendations for issues caused by process, threat and technology changes over time
• Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership with extensive evidence of ability to provide strategic and tactical direction in leading activities in support of team and enterprise objectives
• Provide professional knowledge and experience of security engineering analytics and operations
After hours on-call support may be requiredRequired Skills and Education • 8+ years experience in Security Engineering operational and/or analysis position
• Experience in cyber security tactics, techniques, and procedure
• Incident Response experience
• Experience working on and supporting classified networks
• DOD 8570 certificationPreferred Skills and Education • Experience with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Server
• Experience deploying and troubleshooting HBSS products (e. g. HIPS, VSE, and DLP)
• Experience with ACAS, ability to operate and conduct scans and remediation on enterprise and targeted devices
• Understanding of Microsoft Domain Name System (DNS), Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS) and Group Policy Objects (GPO)
• Knowledge of Splunk
• Experience with DISA STIGs and SRGs
• Enterprise audit aggregation, logging, and analysis experience
• Knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ICD 502, 503
• Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience
• Network LAN experience
• Virtual host experience
• Understand of the basic concepts of Security Topology
• Knowledge of Intel 2P overlays
• Next-Generation Firewall experience
• Change Auditor experience
• Exchange Enforcer experience
• Knowledge of various operating systems (Windows and Linux)
• Experience in threat/risk mitigation
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom