Cyber Engineer I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Reston, VA 20190-5228, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
BAE Systems is looking for a highly motivated junior cross domain solutions engineer. The Cross Domain Engineer position entails working with the business in obtaining technical requirements and designing network security solutions to meet their needs along with installing and maintaining the enterprise or tactical cross domain solutions across the customer infrastructure. The Cyber Engineer will be responsible for and expected to plan, engineer, configure, implement, and troubleshoot security infrastructure necessary to secure large, complex enterprise networks. In addition, the Cyber Engineer provides day to day support of network-based hardware and software, implementation plans for these items, the ability to take the lead or supporting role on special projects as assigned. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintaining, upgrading, monitoring and tuning the LAN/WAN security environment. This job is both network security and customer domain/program focused. The candidate must also be able to obtain a DoD clearance as well.
On a day to day basis job duties include:
- Install, maintain, and creatively design demonstration capabilities in support of the Cross Domain Sales Team.
- Demonstrate and maintain multiple Diode, XTS, and FPGA units in addition to any other products inherited into the CDS portfolio.
- Design network/system diagrams and technical writing for proposals to customers
- Train others (engineering and sales) on how to perform and maintain demonstration systems
- Provide technical support for sales team and customers for pre-sales activities
- 25% travel to customer sites for product demonstrations
- Provide integration and product support to Canadian resellers
- Provide insight on developing trends in the market and customer feedback to product line managers for product development
- Listen to customer requirements and design a solution to meet their needs
- Working knowledge of security processes and documentation i.e. ICD-503 and DSAWG.
- Provide solutions to customer that meat industry standard
- Construct and test systems that have been purchased by customers
- Provide onsite integration and training to customers who purchase a system
- Provide technical support to customers via phone, in-person, or email.
- Attend training sessions to stay current on CDS Portfolio Systems
- Perform system testing and trouble shooting to provide post-sales support to customers.
- Assist engineering team in scripting, virtualization, and documentation
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Administrative (installation and configuration) knowledge of the following systems, applications, and protocols:
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Red Hat Enterprise 6/7/8 in addition to Fedora and CentOS
- Virtualization - VM Ware Player, Workstation, ESXi
- Using and creating Domain Controllers and Active Directory
- Exchange Server 2016/2019
- Windows and Linux backup and recovery
- Knowledge of computer hardware
- Anti-Virus engines: Symantec, McAfee, and Sophos
- Understand network topology, LAN/WAN features and architectures
- Understand switches, routers, firewalls and basic security principles
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and enterprise Cyber Security solutions.
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts.
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes within the Federal government.
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes
- CISSP, CEH, COMP TIA, Network + certs are a big plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom