Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Job Description The position requires a self-motivated candidate that is capable of working in an independent or team environment with minimal direction. The CPSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and must be able to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Administering and coordinating security activities in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with National Policy.
- Establish and maintain liaison with government agencies, external customers, contractors’ employees, and managers to ensure compliance with National Policy.
- Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- Perform physical, personnel and administrative security responsibilities for multiple SCIFs, which often calls for requests to government security representatives regarding accreditations, personnel actions, AIS transmissions and working with other government facility sponsors to draft co-use agreements and MOUs/MOAs for shared space.
- Maintain PERSEC database in accordance with National Policy
- Maintain receipt and dispatch, document control, personnel records, and combination records.
- Investigate and review security violations, preparing reports, and recommending specific preventive and corrective action to be taken.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of Communications Security (COMSEC) material received/held/transferred/hand receipted/destroyed IAW Electronic Key Management System
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education The candidate will be required to apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures.
Candidates must have thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations, e.g. DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, DoDM 5105.21 M1, as well the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standardsAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom