Corrosion Project Manager II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056, US
Engineering & Technology
BAE Systems is looking for a qualified Corrosion Project Manager II to join our team for an exciting opportunity to work on a unique government contract. The contract assists in acquisition and technical sustainment engineering and will augment government resources. The contract also provides breadth and depth of capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and demonstration/validation.
Why BAE Systems? BAE Systems is the third largest defense contractor in the world with an exceptional, mission-focused culture. We are a uniquely-valued mission partner delivering daily technical excellence and innovative solutions to our government customers. BAE Systems has earned accolades as a “Top Workplace” in Utah based on employee feedback for three consecutive years, earning special distinction for providing a healthy work-life balance for our valued employees. We work very hard to ensure this is a great place to work!
Why Utah? You’ve got to see it to believe it! Utah is an amazing state with diverse geography, an eclectic culture, and an exceptional quality of life. We are located north of Salt Lake City at the foot of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. The area offers an incredible range of outdoors pursuits across the seasons including hiking, climbing, hunting, fishing, camping, boating, and world-class skiing at resorts that hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. The state is home to five amazing National Parks and an easy drive from two more; Grand Teton and, famously, the first National Park in the world, Yellowstone. The Salt Lake City area offers a vast array of cultural activities and businesses including multiple professional sports teams. It is a western states hub for exceptional, cutting-edge medical care with people traveling from across the region for a range of nationally renowned specialty care centers and doctors. The Salt Lake International Airport is expanding and offers easy, direct access to just about anywhere you want to fly.
About the Job: Our experts are responsible for integrated weapon system management, from inception to retirement. As a Corrosion Project Manager II, you will work on a high-performing team to provide engineering, technical, and administrative expertise to the government. A qualified candidate will:
- Perform inspections and studies, review program documentation and technical data (e.g., operating procedures, drawings, and specifications), support requirements development, and report on new prevention and control materials, processes, and technologies.
- Evaluate alternate materials and substrates to address obsolescence issues/concerns, reduction of hazardous material usage/finishes, and implementation of pollution prevention measures.
- Perform engineering and technical analyses, which require a highly diversified application of engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents. Prepare data for reports on technical findings, recommendations, accomplishments, and progress measured against specific plans.
Review or coordinate work with other team members to ensure progress is maintained to achieve specified aims; ensure conduct and performance of assignments is conducted as required by contractual agreements.
- Attend conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity. Develop working group meeting agendas, schedule conference rooms and teleconferences, prepare and consolidate briefing materials, provide meeting minutes, and draft answers to action items assigned by other agencies or organizations.
- Evaluate plans, reports, requirements, and criteria from a technical perspective for a variety of technical activities and provide recommendations to the government.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Pursuant to Government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status, and qualified candidates must be eligible for and successfully obtain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance.
BAE Systems is recognized as a Top Workplace in Utah for four years in a row. Come join an extraordinary company culture and the winning team to success in our unique work!
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 10 years of experience in direct Program Management related to Corrosion or Materials Science Engineering Projects
- Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance. The criteria for obtaining a clearance is set by the US Government. You must be a US Citizen.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master's degree or PhD in Corrosion Engineering, Materials Engineering or Materials Science Engineering from an ABET accredited program preferred.
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) training or certification highly desired (but not required).
- Current U.S. Government Secret or higher security clearance highly desired (but not required).
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom