Contracts Admn Prin Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Job Description Join one of BAE Systems newly established Business Areas, Countermeasure and Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) where inclusive culture thrives and all voices are heard! The Advanced Compact EW Solutions product line (ACES) is looking for experienced contracts talent to support AL-47, Mission Computers and other classified programs in Austin TX inclusive of domestic and international opportunities. Work life balance and safety is paramount to our leadership and when you join our team flexibility is offered even while supporting some classified programs.
The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Contracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the world’s largest Aerospace, Defense and Security Company’s, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Contracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, work from home options, relocation assistance, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business.
Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen, be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and demonstrate a working understanding of the U.S. government acquisition and procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR, and other government regulations. Acquire a general understanding of the different pricing environments relevant in government contracting.
- Leads assigned proposal activities including but not limited to analyzing of the solicitation, preparing summaries based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, and preparing proposal documents and submittal to the customer. Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Leads moderately complex and supports complex negotiations. Use appropriate tools and techniques to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve the optimum business outcome.
- Research and make recommendations on contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from higher level contract administrators and managers. May negotiate routine or moderately complex contracts under the general guidance of the Contracts manager.
- Actively participate and contribute to the implementation of new business methods, processes and contracting concepts to optimize the company and customer position.
- Perform all aspects of assigned contract processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Under the supervision of a contract manager, support the preparation of various agreements encountered in the business, such as non-disclosure agreements (NDA’s), teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding/agreements, strategic alliances and others as the opportunity presents.
- Participate in final stages of assigned contracts by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with contract closeout.
- Maintain logs of proposals and other data as required and assists in data collection for monthly and quarterly reporting to management.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the company and the customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts and projects including auxiliary agreements such as proprietary information agreements. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy but under the supervision of a Contracts manager, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experienceAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom