Contracts Administrator, Sr. Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Job Description The open Sr. Contract Administrator position supports contracting activities within the Mission Management and Autonomy Product Area (M2A PA) of the Mission Systems Product Line (MS PL). The selected candidate will work a variety of contracts within M2A and across MS PL to shape and close business opportunities. The program areas contains large fast paced development programs, maintenance programs and new pursuits.
The selected candidate will coordinate and manage moderately complex proposals, contracts and contract modifications. Candidates will apply and expand on knowledge, skills and experience required for effective contract administration, including negotiations and regular communication with customers and management. Candidates will develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
BAE Systems’ Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our internal and external customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, encouraging employees to build growth-oriented careers at BAE Systems.
Sr. Contract Administrator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working understanding of the USG acquisition and procurement environment, contracts function, adherence to company policies, commercial contracting methods, export regulations, FAR/DFARS, and other requirements.
- Support assigned proposals and analyze solicitations, prepare summaries with attention to financial and business risk, participate in proposal team meetings, prepare terms, conditions and assumptions, review technical and pricing bids for accuracy and consistency. Prepare proposal documents for submittal to customers. Coordinate with other company functions to ensure reviews are scheduled and conducted. Obtain required signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Perform and monitor all aspects of assigned contracts including accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, amendments, account receivables, delivery schedules, legal matters etc.
- Coordinate, negotiate, and manage complex proposals, contracts with minimal supervision.
- Negotiations of agreements such as NDA’s, teaming MOU/MOAs, Terms and Conditions and others.
- Perform activities associated with contract closeout.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as all legal, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Primary point of contact between the company and customer for contractual matters. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy.
- Resolve challenging contractual situations by working with program teams to gather, interpret, analyze and present information.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of related experience
- Computer skills to maintain contract records within our business systems as well as prepare reports, presentations, letters and documents.
- Sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated research and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on closure and get results
Pursuant to a specific US Government contract, selected individual must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Strong hands-on knowledge of, and experience with, FAR and DFARS and export regulations
- Experience with complex RFPs
- Experience with various USG and prime contractor organizations
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Active Secret Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom