Contracts Administrator Senior Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Job Description As the Sr. Contract Administrator, candidate will work with customers to shape and close business opportunities aligned with internal objectives. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from program office team to executive leadership.
The selected candidate will coordinate and manage moderately complex proposals, contracts and contract modifications. Candidates will apply and expand on knowledge, skills and experience required for effective contract administration, including negotiations and regular communication with customers and management. Candidates will develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Working understanding of the USG acquisition and procurement environment, contracts function, adherence to company policies, commercial contracting methods, export regulations, FAR/DFAR, and other requirements.
- Support assigned proposals and analyze solicitations, prepare summaries with attention to financial and business risk, participate in proposal team meetings, prepare terms, conditions and assumptions, review technical and pricing bids for accuracy and consistency. Prepare proposal documents for submittal to customers. Coordinate with other company functions to ensure reviews are scheduled and conducted. Obtain required signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents. Research and make recommendations on contract language. Negotiate moderate to complex contracts.
- Perform and monitor all aspects of assigned contracts including accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, amendments, account receivables, delivery schedules, legal matters etc.
- Negotiations of agreements such as NDA’s, teaming MOU/MOAs, Terms and Conditions and others. Perform activities associated with contract closeout.
- Primary point of contact between the company and customer for contractual matters. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy.
Cross functional collaboration with Program Office, Engineering, Finance and Subcontracts and Property Management teamsRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibits sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel and customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Etc.)
- Makes decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable federal laws and regulations
- Demonstrated research and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR selling to USG
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Highly organized
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance and 4+ years related experience
- Active Secret Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom