Configuration/Data Management Manager (ON-SITE) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Come see what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced systems – Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems. You'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Missions Systems product line, as part of the C4ISR business unit within the Electronics Systems (ES) sector of BAE Systems, is seeking a CM/DM Manager to lead our Configuration/Data Management Team. Because of the needs of this role, work must be conducted at a BAE systems facility.
- Manage a CM/DM team, responsible for software, hardware, and documentation.
- Provide expertise and direction in all areas of CM/DM – planning, document development/maintenance, project configuration identification, change control, change/configuration control boards, change request management, status accounting/reporting, software and documentation release activities, and measurement collection/reporting.
- Conduct periodic audits on conformance to CM/DM practices for all Configuration Items, document findings, and develop and deploy any necessary corrective actions.
- Actively participate in cross-functional technical teams.
- Effectively interact with customers and/or functional peer group managers.
- Establish CM/DM operational objectives.
- Oversee personnel training and mentoring, and promotion to positions of increased responsibility.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of direct CM/DM experience.
- Hold an active security clearance
- Knowledge of hardware CM, software development lifecycle or project management methodologies
- Ability to identify and present CM/DM process issues and solutions to team members at all levels.
- Proven analytical, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in understanding, creating, and managing sound processes and ensuring compliance with industry standards
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access)
- Operate independently, and have the ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, managers, subordinates, and peers.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the functional aspects of software development, testing, quality assurance, and process improvement.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working in a company operating under an ISO 9001 or similar Quality System.
- Familiar with Agile Software Development, DevSecOps and Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Familiar with JIRA, DOORS
- Understanding of U.S. export laws as they pertain to exporting technical data
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom