Computer Scientist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chantilly, VA 20151-1708, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description BAE Systems is excited to offer the opportunity for the right candidate to support a dynamic Federal law enforcement customer as an advanced entry-level Computer Scientist (CS). This is an important position with a critical mission, providing basic technical and other professional support to Federal investigative and intelligence programs. This is also a great opportunity for a motivated candidate to further develop highly sought after skills and experience. The CS works as a junior member of a team and with extensive guidance and direction from a Special Agent, supervisor, or more senior Computer Scientist to perform some or all of the following duties in support of the mission:
· Assist others with basic system and network procurement, installation, administration, and security.
· Use, troubleshoot, and modify as needed existing tools and methods to identify, isolate, preserve, and analyze digital data in adherence to established government policies and guidelines.
· Assist with the development and implementation of custom tools and methods to identify, isolate, analyze, and preserve digital data in adherence to established government policies and guidelines.
· Provide basic technical and other professional assistance in conducting interviews, searches, and other investigative, and operation activity.
· Assist with software and tool development specifically to defeat novel methods of evading law enforcement, data visualization, and Cloud architecture management.
· Develop novel techniques for accessing secure devices; exploiting and recovering secure communications; defeating file, storage, and network encryption.
· Perform SQL and Elasticsearch data management.
· Perform basic liaison and outreach and, assist with more extensive liaison and outreach.
· Testify in court.
· Draft documents on basic technical and other professional matters and assist in drafting documents on more advanced matters at the appropriate technical level.
· Stay current with major new advances in relevant technology-related topics.
· Assist in coordinating with the private sector and other divisions to resolve technical and other relevant issues.
· Complete technical and other professional training and acquire certifications as required.
- Other related activities.
Required Skills and Education
- Additionally the successful applicant should have the following skills and experience:
- Professional knowledge of the theoretical aspects of computer science, and their pragmatic implementations.
- Basic theoretical knowledge of scientific problem solving methodologies, and their pragmatic implementations.
- Basic knowledge of and hands-on experience with the state-of-the-art in computer science, and the state-of-the-practice in intrusion detection and response.
- Basic knowledge of and hands-on experience in information and system security.
- Basic knowledge of and hands-on experience with administering and securing common operating systems and software applications and, developing with programming and scripting languages.
- Basic knowledge of and hands-on experience with administering and securing common network devices, protocols, services, and applications.
- Familiarity with TOR and other dark webs
Preferred Skills and Education Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- Certifications in digital forensics
- Certifications in AWS Cloud
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom