Compliance Specialist Principle (Remote) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
North Liberty, IA 52317, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description Job Description:
This role supports the Combat Mission Systems (CMS) Business Area that includes annual revenues in the billions and material spend in the hundreds of million across a very diverse set of suppliers and commodities / categories. The Procurement Compliance Specialist Sr Principle will be responsible for performance of Internal Order Reviews in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFARS), Public Law and BAE Systems Policies and Procedures.
The role will serve as a point-of-contact for CMS Supply Chain Compliance (Subject Matter Expertise), fielding questions, addressing issues, and assessment of situations to determine options & optimal path forward. Ensure quick resolution of issues by leveraging and integrating the capabilities of the entire organization. Participate in and contribute to Leadership / Management Reviews and audits. Prepare and present key performance metrics & briefings as required.
Active collaboration with CMS Supply Chain to meet/exceed performance goals & objectives established in the areas of Quality, Compliance, Schedule, and Financial. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers. Responsible for continuous improvements (Root Cause & Corrective action) including change management for the benefit & advancement of the internal team. Develop, implement & train on procedures, forms and practices in accordance with applicable Regulations and Public law.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills and Education
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted manufacturing / operational environment.
- Thorough knowledge of defense industry & regulations and the understanding of the role of Compliance, Supply Chain, and overall Procurement process.
- Experience leading Compliance efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Strong knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding/knowledge of Government & Internal audits and requirements.
- Solid working experience across a broad range of Combat Mission Systems products & programs.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve Compliance and/or related issues.
- Financial Acumen and thorough understanding of Supply Chain’s impact to the business.
- Develop, track and report on key performance indicators. Take corrective actions as needed.
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience.
- Leads & completes efforts without direct reporting relationships.
- Successful teaming abilities by working in a cross-functional dynamic environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Perform analysis of Compliance statistics & data in support of business & strategic direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Acquired Strategic/Critical Thinking skills.
- Exceptional problem solving & decision making skills.
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a “make it happen” attitude.
- Excellent continuous improvement and change management skills.
- Safeguards the CMS Purchasing Business System and obtains a thorough understanding of other Defense business systems.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise relative to Supply Chain Compliance.
- Transparency in knowledge & thoughts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Operations or related field plus 8 years or more of directly related work experience, preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
- Working Knowledge and Understanding of Defense Prime Contract flowdown requirements.
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP System.
- Advanced degree and/or certification in Supply Chain or Project Management: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom