Compass Call ISSO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tucson, AZ 85707, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
BAE Systems is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team of professionals as a Cybersecurity Officer/Field Service Engineer. The qualified candidate will be working with the field engineering team to support and maintain Compass Call delivered mission systems and mission support systems at Davis Monthan AFB, AZ. The candidate will serve as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for systems operated in support of the Compass Call program, including for operations, maintenance, training, and testing. The candidate will have detailed knowledge and expertise of the Information systems and provide day-to-day cybersecurity operations support.
Additional responsibilities may include the following:
- Collecting, reviewing, and archiving system audit records
- Updating anti-virus software and definitions and ensuring virus scans are accomplished
- Handling and managing Communications Security (COMSEC) and classified systems material
- Participating in security incident response, recovery processes, and assisting in system backups
- Providing cybersecurity training and briefings, and assisting in security investigations
- Conducting software installations, system patching, and security hardening activities
- Providing user account management and systems administration support
- Updating Xacta database entries for information systems security project management
- Supporting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD)-503 guidelines
- Supporting the development and maintenance of system security plans including security concepts of operation (CONOPs), security control traceability matrix (SCTM), security test procedures, plan of actions and milestones (POA&Ms), and local site policies and procedures
- Conducting vulnerability scans and assessments to validate system compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Supporting security test and evaluation (ST&E) events to achieve authorization milestones
- Business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance with the ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI security clearance (US Citizenship required)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and 3+ years related experience or equivalent experience, training, and/or certifications
- CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II baseline certification
- Extended experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Highly familiar with cybersecurity defensive tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Cybersecurity with 5 years of related experience
- Experience in systems administration and cybersecurity operations and training
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Experience with the Xacta RMF process automation database platform
- Experience in vulnerability assessment, control allocation, and risk mitigation
- Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Skilled in planning and organization of tasks, procedures, and processes
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom