CNC / Manual Machinist 1 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Job Description Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to: Planer Mill, Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, VTL, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical and Horizontal Hone, ID Grinder, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, Centerless Grinder, conventional Mill/Lathe, and CNC/NC Mill/Lathe. Is required to make complex setups and precise alignment of work pieces in the machine and manufacture to extremely close tolerances as required in the manufacture of a large variety of precision parts made from various materials and configurations--bar stock, weldment, forging, and casting. Frequently, operations are repair type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to: Planer Mill, Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, VTL, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical and Horizontal Hone, ID Grinder, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, Centerless Grinder, conventional Mill/Lathe, and CNC/NC Mill/Lathe.
2. Frequently, operations are repair type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
3. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
4. Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
5. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use, and read precision layout and measuring instruments.
2. Must have the knowledge of, and the ability to apply, algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric functions to blueprint dimensions in the machining of complex parts.
3. Must have the ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex machining blueprints.
4. Must possess the knowledge, skill, and ability to setup and operate major machine tools.
5. Must have the ability, confidence, and self motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
The work requires employee to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, and climb. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Cranes, hand trucks, and other lifting and moving equipment are available for heavier loads.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom