Cloud Infrastructure Engineer- Senior Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA 22134, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description BAE Systems is offering an exciting opportunity to support an important and dynamic Department of Justice customer as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer working with a team of diverse and highly capable IT professionals. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will provide technical leadership in the planning, investigation, design, and implementation of cloud based infrastructure systems and integration with traditional infrastructure. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will collaborate closely with the Infrastructure Operations and Automation Engineers to ensure manual configuration is minimized.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will perform the following duties:
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (laaS) systems.
- Create plans to ensure necessary maintenance to support system health is performed regularly.
- Plan, schedule and conduct the deployment of new virtual private servers (VPS) and associated operating systems, and software applications.
- Design and conduct tests and evaluations of laaS systems. Analyze and implement available services through modeling.
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of cloud computer unit,
- operating system, and other platform specifications
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to the government regarding integration of these technologies into the existing network
- Provide solutions that incorporate concepts across engineering disciplines and environments.
- Influence team members, the customer, and vendors to define, analyze, and provide solutions for the customer's server, storage and application requirements
- Prepare complex work prints and schematics to define and illustrate infrastructure deployments and solutions
- Identify and recommend new design tools for use in new infrastructure projects.
- Evaluate projected usage of CPU, Storage, Memory and Network Bandwidth to enable future planning and service delivery.
- Participate in and influence marketing proposals and studies by providing costing models, reports, and technical solutions for infrastructure projects.
- Plan, design, and implement network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performance of laaS assets.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend new infrastructure administrative systems to ensure accurate systems inventory and timely implementation.
- Evaluate and assess new or updated applications for integration into enterprise systems.
- Knowledge of Linux server configurations including web servers and web proxies
Required Education, Experience, & Skills The successful candidate for the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer position will meet the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security, and/or Network Administration from an accredited university/college with eight (8) years' experience;
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related scientific/technical field with five (5) years' experience;
- PhD in Computer Science or related discipline with two (2) years' experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Relevant Experience: Minimum/General Experience: 4 years of relevant experience with Infrastructure as a Service (laaS) vendors. Candidate will have experience deploying Linux and Windows operating systems on cloud providers. Able to Design, Deploy and Maintain AWS capabilities such as Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloudwatch, AWS Identity and Access Management. Understanding of Software Defined Networking concepts.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS} and infrastructure-asCode (laC) conceptsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom