Cloud Engineer Principal (ITEMS UDS) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Arnold, MO 63010, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of an agile team that enables our employees to support our customers and their missions. The Cloud Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise exploitation environment.
What our team should strive for:
- Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to document work and participate in the customer's change procedures
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Experience with the following:
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace
- Experience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStack
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production environment
- Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-VSpecific Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, build, maintain Hadoop, and other cloud infrastructure
- Apply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Develop and direct the development of content for a complex and growing infrastructure. This includes use cases for Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, and Active Lists
- Provide guidance to security analyst and network engineering staff
- Working Closely with C&A Team to maintain Security requirements for Operation of IEC systems
- Support all aspects of NCE's Security Information and Event Management initiative.
- Supporting the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses.
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities for the customer's system.
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
- Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
- Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
- Working with software and hardware vendors
- 5+ years of related systems engineering experience.
- Solaris systems engineering experience
- Cloud platforms
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
Note: Must be able to maintain an active TS/SCI CI Polygraph.
#ratchetorphansRequired Education, Experience, & Skills Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma / GED & 8 yrs, Associates & 6 yrs, Bachelors & 4 yrs
- Security+ ce or higher DoD 8570 certification
Candidates Shall Possess The Following
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
Note: Must have an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred:
- Strong background in Unix, Solaris, or Windows servers
- Scripting skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom