Classified Network Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking an IT Program Manager to support the Air Forces Sentinel program. This is a long term sustainment and acquisition program which is anticipated to remain operational until 2075. To successfully field a new weapon system, the Sentinel program requires a comprehensive program operations and execution strategy that helps position the organization to meet all acquisition milestones.
We are seeking a Program Manager to serve as a customer liaison to the Air Force IT division in providing oversight and guidance of one or more networks supporting both unclassified and classified environments across the full stack from the hardware to user applications. In addition, the Program Manager will manage, coordinate, plan, control, and execute the program and related project(s) and ensure the achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives.
This position will also provide leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting technical information systems platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management. In addition, the Program Manager is required to provide technical expertise to the government customer in developing and maintaining robust program operational tools and processes.
- Meet often with primary contacts within the government to understand needs and direction of the program.
- Assist customers in the development of current and future program requirements. Evaluate plans and criteria for technical activities and recommending alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations.
- Model and demonstrate strong leadership in ethics, safety and security. Interface with finance, contracts, and subcontracts managers, as well as senior leadership. Coordinate input for contract modifications and participate in subsequent negotiations.
- Clearly communicate job expectations by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Communicating with all levels of company leadership to address issues and drive projects to completion. Communicating complex technical details to a nontechnical audience.
- Maintain safe and healthy working environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations. Write and modify program policies. Manage risks and opportunities. Ensure best practices are followed.
- Attend conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity.
- Apply Systems Engineering principles in the development of strategic plans meeting customer requirements ensuring network availability to meet program objectives and system capability to efficiently meet customer needs.
- Direct, integrate, manage, and track program and project activities, including segments of major projects. Prepare program roadmaps, project execution plans and identify technical and business resources needed.
- Identify technology opportunities and coordinate system and application strategies. Make strategic decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Defining and improving process flows to realize efficiencies for BAE and government customer
- Review status of projects, manage schedules and prepare status reports. Assess issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives. Provide program management, technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Develop trusted relationships with internal and external customers; communicate with internal and external customers related to assigned program areas on a daily basis
- Assist with the operations, design, implementation, and update of various IT systems and applications. Ensure high uptime of information systems, taking into account high availability, capacity planning, and disaster recovery
- Experience with managing various teams, working groups, and skill sets. Working across teams and in a cross-functional environment to accomplish schedules driven priorities on time
The position requires technical knowledge of systems, networks, and application security as well as a solid understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards. The candidate must have strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
This is a customer facing role with strong relationship building responsibilities with the government customer as well as with equipment/software vendors and associated contractors. You may frequently be working in a technical project manager capacity working directly with technical personnel and on occasion with senior leadership to provide status updates.
This position requires an active final Secret clearance upon hire date. The clearance “investigation close date” must be within the last 6 calendar years from the hire date. The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred. The criteria for clearance is set by the US Government.
Recognized as a Top Workplace in Utah for three years in a row. Join an extraordinary company culture and the winning team to success this year and for years to come.
#ASFSRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree (typically computer science, information technologies, etc.) and 10 yrs. of progressive technical experience (education requirement may be waived for equivalent experience); 8 yrs. with MS degree
- Problem Solving Ability: Requires advanced conceptual thinking in complex and/or completely new situations
- Interpersonal Skills: Developed communication skills to exchange complex information, both written and orally
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to negotiate at a high level with internal and external customers and partners
- Project Management: Project Manager on large, complex projects or Program Manager on medium size programs responsible for oversight of team and budget
- Risk and Opportunity management skills
- Experience interfacing and briefing customer and upper management
- Understanding of networking principles. Experience or knowledge of cybersecurity, networks, system components, system protocols, COTS technology, and software development
- Experience infrastructure and application solutions; Experience managing solutions in virtual environments
- Experience with Confluence and Jira tools
- Experience developing external customer and vendor relationships and ability to communicate detailed software and contractual language and requirements with senior leaders
- Effective organizational, time management, and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Experience supervising others
- Strong ethics in the context of business and information security
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Fast learner with ability to quickly comprehend technology and understand unique system requirements.
This position requires an active final Secret clearance upon hire date. The clearance "investigation close date" must be within the last 6 calendar years from the hire date. The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred. The criteria for clearance is set by the US Government.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with the Agile development process
- Prior management experience working with government contract program
- Prior management experience leading an IT department and talent management/development
- Previous success in developing standards, process improvement, managing processes, managing staff
- Working technical knowledge of network, storage, server, and database management
- Ability to review, analyze, document, and explain technical systems and data
- Experience with matrix organizations
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- General understanding of computer networks, hardware, databases, applications, security components, computer operations, and operating system maintenance
- Understanding of the DoD environment and familiarity with the DoD Acquisition System
- The ability to mediate differing perspectives and develop consensus relating to cybersecurity principles and regulations; ability to build bridges across organizational boundaries, and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical leaders across large complex organizations
- An individual with high integrity, strong work ethic and initiative, and capable of building strong, trusting relationships
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom