Chief Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Arnold, MO 63010, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description The Chief Systems Engineer contributes to the technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include network analysis, functional allocation, systems requirements review, interface standards and system architectures. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Knowledgeable in geospatial applications, geospatial and intelligence related operations to support analytical efforts and product development.
- Strong working knowledge of geospatially oriented data, geospatial intelligence analysis and geospatial databases.
- Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Contributes to the design and execution of unit, system and operational test and evaluation including ability to present and evaluate solutions including program reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.)
- Contributes to successful system accreditation for operation on DoD networks.
- Frequently interacts with customers and functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, oversee production, and maintain work schedules.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers and senior executives.
- Provide a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components.
- Conducts requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis NGA, the IC, and DoD.
- Conducts planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Develops solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assists in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Assists in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design
- Demonstrated experience with Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelor’s of Science degree in an IT, Information Systems, Math, or Sciences field of study and 7 years of relevant experience as a Senior Systems Engineer
Must possess a Security + Certification.
Previous experience demonstrating, training, troubleshooting customer applications and services.
Understanding of GEOINT and uses of various data types like CADRG, DNC, DTED, etc
Ability to create use cases based on user requirements.
Ability to lead projects from concept to closure.
Demonstrated experience with Software Development Frameworks.
Amazon Web Services or other cloud experience relevant network experience in the design, integration, analysis, troubleshooting, documenting, programming and operation of computer equipment and networks.
Demonstrated experience with SAFe Agile project management,
Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), container orchestration platforms and DevSecOps pipeline.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Master's Degree in IT, IS, Math or Sciences filed of study.
PMP Certification desired,
CISM, CISSP, or CSEP Certifications also desired.
Knowledge of NGA processes and procedures
Knowledge of NGA architectures and systems
Experience supporting NSG and ASGAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom