Chief Government Compliance Officer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Falls Church, VA 22042, US
Job Description The Chief Government Compliance Officer will be one of the company's key representatives in interactions with associated agencies of the US Government such as the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA). Given the extensive breadth and depth of the US Government s procurement and accounting regulations, this position requires frequent interaction with executives from all internal organizations in the company to ensure each is doing their respective parts toward ensuring high rates of compliance, thereby maintaining the company’s strong competitive position in the government contracting marketplace. The right candidate should be a technical expert on US Government Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Provide strategic leadership to Government Compliance function across BAE Systems Inc. to reduce risk.
- Lead the development and maintenance of corporate policies and training to ensure acceptable levels of compliance with government regulations. This requires keeping abreast of new regulations, changes in existing regulations, and relevant litigation outcomes
- Lead the implementation of Business Systems Control Audits. Establish and execute annual plan to review Business Systems across BAE Systems Inc. to ensure adequacy of Business Systems and reduce DCAA/DCMA audit findings.
- Coordinate timing of Corporate and Sector filings to ensure major, required financial and supplemental information filings associated with US Government procurement and accounting regulations are accurate, complete, and timely. Primary among these are the company’s final indirect rate cost proposals, and CAS disclosure statements.
- Coordinate and respond to US Government audits of these filings and related audits of the company's business systems. Such responses can and do result in subsequent negotiations of settlements, with this position negotiating with them on behalf of the company.
- Evaluate the adequacy and consistency of financial reserves for outcomes of government audits and recommend changes when necessary and prudent.
- Plan and oversee the professional development and technical training of all the GC staff for which he/she has functional responsibility and assists in developing government compliance training for all company employee
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical, and leadership skills are essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or relevant discipline
- A minimum of 14 years of related experience, showcased through prior and proven experience of at least 7 years with relevant government contractors.
- An in-depth understanding of how specialties relate and interfaces with many other functions such as contracts, budgeting, accounting, and financial compliance for which there are inter-dependencies
- Capabilities to interface with DCAA and DCMA and ability to negotiate to achieve Company wide settlements. Position will be delegated this authority and must be confident and capable of resolving these complex negotiations independently.
- Demonstrated experience with timeliness for all DCAA and DCMA submissions. The role will be charged to deliver these activities across Inc., and directly feeds reporting to Senior leadership team for QBR and Board Meetings
- With direct management of Inc. and ESS-IT staff, role will also indirectly lead each of the Sector's Government Compliance functions- setting standards, developing training, policies, calendars, and expectations across BAE Systems Inc.
- High degree of knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting, finance, and economics.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- MBA or CPA is highly desirable.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom