CDL/Class A Truck/Bus Driver Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92170-3308, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description BAE Systems in San Diego, CA, is seeking a CDL/Class A Truck Driver, Tractor Trailer for material movement.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transport, deliver and pickup goods or equipment by light, electric, or manual transmission, medium and/or heavy company truck/tractor trailers.
- Drive short bus routes safely at the beginning and end of shift on short, and/ or scheduled routes. Follow commercial driving regulations, including maintenance of required documentation such as Truck and Driver logs.
- Perform daily truck inspections prior to operating any vehicles.
- Ensure the safety of all loads by following regulations for strapping and securing, such as the FMCSA guidance.
- Ensure that 49 CFR regulations for placarding hazardous loads are followed.
- Offload and load material on trucks for local and commercial delivery by hand or with Material Handling Equipment (i.e. Pallet Jacks, Forklifts etc.) ensuring that the material loaded is correct by verifying the shipping documents.
- Review and utilize shipping documents such as Commercial Bills of Lading to ensure that outbound shipments are properly executed.
- Review and provide recommendations for changes to local operating procedures and occasionally participate in reviews of SSP Logistics Documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Crane, Transportation, and Rigging Craft.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Possess a valid class A CDL.
- If current license is not for California obtain a California CDL within 6 months.
- California Passenger endorsement required
- 2 Years of Warehousing or Large Scale Shipping/Receiving Operations
- 2 Years of Hazardous Material Endorsement on CDL
- 2 Years of Flat Bed hauling
- Current or Prior Material Handling Equipment License
- Able to obtain a California CDL Hazmat endorsement within 6 months.
- Availability, and flexibility, to be reassigned, or to fill-in for absent drivers, with minimum, or same-day, notification.
- Possess a Current DOT Physical Card.
- Possess a clean driving record.
- Must possess or be eligible to get a DBID (Defense Biometric Identification).
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills High school or GED.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom