Cartography Analyst I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St. Louis, MO 63118-3304, US
The selected Geospatial Analyst candidate will support imagery production to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s Maritime Safety Office. The position requires the ability to extract imagery from all available imagery platforms and access methods. Production of orthorectified images in support of products such as DNC, ENC, SNC, LPC, NtM, and ad-hoc request. Evaluation of orthorectified images to the highest quality, accuracy, and consistency possible. Modification of Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) to improve shoreline precision and analysis of source data in support of imagery production. Work includes referencing source material to update publications, updating and/or writing new entries, submitting work through the QA/QC process, and meeting deadlines. Attention to detail is critical. Must be able to balance various projects in a self-driven environment.
Required Skills and Education 6 months of GIS experience.
Candidate must possess in depth understanding and experience using the following:
- Experience with cartographic finishing, feature extraction from maps, charts or various imagery sources, attribution, and related experience.
- Ability to delineate aerial photographic detail using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
- Ability to preform image assessment, control point selection, mensuration, triangulation, orthorectification, and processing to produce standard or non-standard products.
- Knowledge of basic coordinate systems (latitude, longitude, UTM).
- Knowledge of projections and their properties.
- Data conversion/migration.
- Knowledge of Socet GXP and ESRI ArcGIS.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Writing Python Scripts in ArcGIS to improve efficiency of the production process.
- Ability to analyze data from ground surveys, reports, aerial photographs, and satellite images to prepare topographic maps and aerial photograph mosaics.
- Ability to prepare and alter trace maps, charts, tables, detailed drawings, and three-dimensional optical models of terrain using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
- Ability to export data in multiple formats, predominantly standard MILSPEC as well as shapefiles.
- Ability to use imagery for the purposes of chart compilation.
- Ability to order, manipulate, and interpret various types of satellite imagery for feature extraction.
- Knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom