C4ISR Technical Director Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hudson, NH 03051-5228, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a Technical Director for multiple domains in our Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems Business Area. This position reports to the C4ISR Systems Chief Engineer and will be focused on establishing and managing the technology portfolio in one of our key markets including Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Advanced Communications, and converged systems for missions in multiple domains. The position is primarily based in Hudson, NH, with potential opportunities to work remotely from Greenlawn, NY, Manassas, VA, Reston, VA, San Diego, CA, or other BAE Systems sites in the United States.
This business is part of our growing Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems Business Area. C4ISR Systems is developing innovative capabilities across the C4ISR mission domain for Advanced Analytics, Adaptive Electronic Warfare / Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) /Cyber, Combat identification, Imagery Sensing and Exploitation, Space Security, and Undersea Warfare. We are a pathfinder in our defense and intelligence markets, focused on delivering disruptive technology to give our customers the edge they need.
Specific responsibilities include:
Being an active partner with the business to mature technology for growth by:
- Engaging with business leadership to drive technology maturation in support of the product roadmap
- Driving product and technology roadmaps to guide investment strategies
- Collaborating across the business and externally to leverage technology for growth
- Identifying white space opportunities for growth as well as technology gaps
Lead Technology Infusion into our products by:
- Engaging inside and outside the business to understand the current and emerging mission space in this domain, and relevant technology trends to predict future breakthroughs, innovation, potential partners and competitor strategies
- Engaging inside the business to leverage investment funds for targeted technology development to enable growth
- Capturing relevant Intellectual Property (IP) for the business and manage the IP portfolio
- Driving strategic alignment across our Sector to enable business growth
- Driving our technology solutions organization, FAST Labs, to capture priorities that meet our long term technology needs
Required Skills and Education ** Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status **
- Bachelors degree and 15 years work experience.
- SECRET Security Clearance required. Desire TOP SECRET/SCI – Poly Eligible.
- Minimum 5 years leading a diverse organization across multiple sites with different cultures and experience levels.
- Minimum 10 years of collaboration and the ability to achieve goals and produce outcomes through influencing skills.
- Ability to form a vision and implement action plans to achieve that vision.
- Minimum 15 years of technical leadership experience and mission/domain knowledge of emerging C4ISR systems and capabilities relevant to the business.
- Proven ability to share and transfer technology across organizational boundaries to the benefit of our customers and the business.
- Aligned with the BAE Systems Code of Conduct.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Advanced Technical Degree
- Recognized mission/technical expert in the domains pertinent to C4ISR
- Experience in Intellectual Property Management
- Top Secret / SCI Clearance (CI Poly)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom