Business Development Manager III -Endicott, NY; Fort Wayne, IN; Arlington, VA: Nashua, NH; Austin, TX; Los Angeles, CA; San Jose, CAS; (Optional to work remote) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Wayne, IN 46809, US
Business Development, Strategy & Planning
Job Description This senior level sales position has both Account Executive and Territory Sales responsibilities for America’s territories within the Control & Avionics Solutions (CAS) Business Area. The role reports directly to the Aftermarket Director of Sales & Strategy for CAS.
Role will be key in applying sales & business strategies, execution of multiple marketing approaches, collaboration on services roadmaps across accounts. Role will require frequent customer contacts, and a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements. Working with Service Centers, Program Managers and Aftermarket Product Line Director. Develop and execute a plan to fill orders pipeline with qualified opportunities that support the Business Areas strategic plan to outperform the market.
The role has the following responsibilities:
- Meet sales targets while growing the orders pipeline through the creation, identification and qualification of quality opportunities
- Communicate directly with clients and prospects, understand their individual needs, and recommend product services that maximizes customer value
- Build long-lasting, mutually beneficial executive level relationships with clients and internal departments to create a better customer experience
- Recognize opportunities and turn leads into long-lasting relationships
- Following up with prospects several times throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met
- Present and demonstrate the value of services to prospective buyers
- Work internally with program management, service center & customer/product support teams
- Service knowledge and understanding of industry trends
- Present monthly sales cadence
- Stay current on industry trends
- Compile and analyze data to identify customer trends & needs
- Develop sales strategies to meet planned sales targets
- Handle complaints, negotiations and past due payments
- Build effective customer engagement plans
- Frequent travel (50-75%)
Required Skills and Education
- Skilled networker, communicator and presenter who can find the best fit between client and service
- Problem Solving and analytical skills to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision
- Must be able to quickly and firmly grasp industry trends and acquisition policy
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process
- Computer skills, especially MS Office, Excel and CRM software
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Experience of how to sell to services to Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) clients
- Candidate with additional education, experience and existing airline/MRO industry relationships may be preferred
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom