Business Development Intern (Summer 2021) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
McLean, VA 22102, US
Business Development, Strategy & Planning
Job Description BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security (I&S) sector is seeking a talented, motivated individuals for internships with our Business Winning Team. This is an opportunity to join a diverse and dynamic team in order to gain valuable business operations experience, and exposure to defense contracting. Learn how BAE Systems supports across the Defense and Intelligence Community. Working at the I&S Sector Headquarters in McLean, VA you will support the nation’s top Business Development team of professionals. Interns also work together in project teams to tackle pressing operations and business growth challenges, which culminate in a final presentation to senior leadership.
Typical Job responsibilities can include:
- Daily use of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Access, SharePoint)
- Assist with content management and data sharing
- Assist with analyzing and visualizing pipeline data and performance metrics
- Support the development and research of business intelligence for account planning and competitive procurements in the federal market
- Support the development of compelling winning strategies including competitive intelligence, teaming, solution, and pricing strategies
- Work with functional support staffs in Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Security, Communications, and Contracting
- Review and disseminate Task Orders to interested parties
- Prepare Ad Hoc Reports
- Refresh and manage internal and external websites
- Assess processes and tools and recommend areas of improvement
- Respond to requests from business development managers and other internal customers
- Attend and participate in internal staff meetings, as well as subcontractor, and customer meetings
- LEAP internship program activities
- Potential opportunity to be sponsored for a security clearance
Required Skills and Education
- GPA of at least 3.0 or higher
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- US Citizenship Required
Preferred Skills and Education Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in the following fields:
- Communications or Marketing
- Data Science and Analysis
- History, Government or Political Science
- Intelligence, International Affairs, International Relations or International Studies
- Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science, or Statistics
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom