Biometrics Subject Matter Expert (SME) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
McLean, VA 22102, US
Engineering & Technology
BAE Systems is seeking a Biometrics Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our Federal IT team in the Northern Virginia area. The selected candidate will provide innovative biometric solution development such as facial recognition and biometric system and infrastructure deployment support for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) initiatives. This position is responsible for the biometrics design on the program, as well as operational performance of biometric systems. He/she will provide the advice, analysis, planning, direction, and coordination necessary to accomplish all biometrics-related work requirements and task orders and coordinate with other contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy related contract requirements.
- Serve as the lead biometrics engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of facial biometrics solutions.
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of biometric solutions for the modernization of existing applications.
- Provide strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge related to biometrics, sensors, systems, and processes.
- Ability to present on biometrics topics to senior leadership and customers.
- Advise on complex sensor integration and process flow for effective implementation.
- Assists in the developing and maintaining documented IT biometric Policies, Processes, and Standards.
- Conduct trade studies and analysis for multiple biometric technologies and provide recommendations for selecting technology, along with developing and delivering technical documentation proving the outcome of the analysis.
Required Skills and Education
- 12+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise solutions, some of which are biometrically enabled
- Demonstrated expertise in facial biometric, including requirements analysis, performance analysis, and system design
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Entry on Duty (EOD) based on a Full Background Investigation
General Experience and Education
- 12+ Years’ Experience with BS
- 10+ Years’ Experience with MS
- 7+ Years’ Experience with PhD
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or related field
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- IEEE Certified Biometrics Professional (CBP) or other related professional certification
- Current CBP EOD preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom