Bellevue Navigation and Sensor Systems. Embedded Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bellevue, NE 68005-3635, US
Engineering & Technology
Are you searching for career opportunities that bring meaning and purpose to your life? Are you ready to proudly support those who protect our nation? Then navigate your way to BAE Systems Inc. Navigation and Sensor Systems in Bellevue, Nebraska
BAE Systems in Bellevue, Nebraska is looking for Software Engineers with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for industry-leading Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team seeks engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing software for real-time embedded GPS receivers for military airborne, ground, and weapons applications. This position offers abundant opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team environment to develop the world's most cutting edge navigation solutions.
As a part of our unique team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments include tasks such as:
- Designing and writing GPS receiver source code across our product line of hardware form factors
- Debugging or modifying existing code to add new features or correct defects
- Ensuring execution of the software engineering process across the development life cycle
- Estimation, planning and prioritization of tasks to meet program deadlines
- Reporting on project status and progress measured against specific plans
- Developing host applications and tools to interface and test products
- Supporting in the field integrations and demonstration efforts
- Putting our customer first through customer support activities
- Expanding our knowledge base together through mentorship and training opportunities.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline, and 2 years of direct related experience, or Masters of Science
- Must be a US Citizen
- Have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Experience with Ada, C, C++, Java or other high-order languages in real-time embedded applications
- Experience with real-time embedded hardware systems
- Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded applications
- Highly motivated to solve complex problems and continuously improve
- Ability to produce high quality work both independently and with a team
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to work well with a high-performing and and results-oriented product development team
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated hands-on software development experience with C-based programming languages (i.e. Ada, C, C++, C#, Python, etc)
- Experience designing and implementing complex algorithms requiring strict timing, systems resource managed, and interface constraints
- Experience with engineering development tools including Eclipse, Jama and DOORS
- Experience with collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo
- Experience with modernized software development processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps)
- Experience leading small software development teams and ensuring work is completed in accordance with design and development processes
- A working knowledge of Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processing, or Kalman Filter Theory
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom