Back End Microservices Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bellevue, NE 68005-3635, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Back-end Microservices Software Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment. The qualified candidate will implement an extensible software framework for aircraft mission planning tools. Candidates will be familiar with interfacing to front-end services as well as familiar with agile development processes, DevSecOps, containers, software micro-services, and secure computing. As a Back-End Software Engineer you will be part of Electronic Systems (ES), the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
* Remote work is not available for this role, this will be an onsite position located in Bellevue, NE Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of actual work experience in the area of mid-tier and database access development
- Must have at least an active Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Proficiency with C++ and/or Java, or extensive experience with similar high-level object oriented languages
- Proficiency with developing under Linux OS’s
- Familiarity with REST endpoints, HTTP protocols, TCP-IP sockets, Java JPA and/or embedded SQL, Linux scripting, linux utilities such as cURL, Valgrind, makefiles
- Understanding of transactional interactions between systems, Web service concepts, API creation and usage, and principles of abstraction
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Willingness to participate in multiple functions beyond just ‘programming’ – architectural input, small teams lead, test engineer support
- Experience developing RESTful services using Spring or similar, Java and/or C++
- Experience with caching, profiling, and optimization for services
- Understanding of Java Micro-Services using 12 Factor design principles
- Understanding of full-stack development – web client, mid-tier, back-end
- Experience with WebLogic highly preferred, as well as relational databases, such as Oracle or Postgres
- Comfortable with Atlassian stack, Stash/Gitlab or similar, and Git
- Experience with containers – Docker, Podman, Kubectl
- An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance is preferred but not required
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom