Aviation Safety both Flight and Ground Operations Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Albertville, AL 35950, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To promote the maintenance of safe and healthy work conditions and reduce or eliminate accident and health hazards in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Investigates work place accidents and documents with required Occupational Safety and Health Administration first report of injury form. Recommends corrective action in work place layout or work processes to eliminate unsafe conditions and practices and counsels affected employee in standard safety practices.
2. Conducts facility safety inspections and ensures conformance to federal, state and local legislation and regulations regarding safety. Makes corrections on the spot or prepares work order for immediate correction of unsafe or nonconforming conditions. To comply with DCMA 8210 requirements, holds monthly safety meetings/training and quarterly safety council meetings.
3. Examines plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to ascertain if all safety precautions have been included. Builds and installs, or directs installation, of guards on machinery, belts and conveyors.
4. Promotes employee awareness of safety through publications, posters and seminars. Develops and coordinates safety training programs for Company employees.
5. Develops and implements statistical data base on safety related information and work place accidents including cost of workers compensation insurance for medical treatment and lost time wages. Prepares summary reports and writes reports.
6. Writes, revises and edits the facility or location safety manual. Participates as an active member on the safety committee for the facility or location. May take minutes of committee meetings.
7. May recommend and formulate revisions to general safety policies and procedures. Cooperates in the preparation of material and evidences for company use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
8. Interfaces with federal, state and local regulatory agencies and insurance company representatives regarding plant tours, inspections and related matters. Understand safety requirement under 8210C. Change 1 and FAA Part 145 for work to be performed under these regulations.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned. May be asked to fill in as Facility Security Officer as an extra duty.
A. Responsibilities for Work of Others
May supervise other employees. Guides work of lower level employees.
B. Supervision Received
Receives general supervision. Defines own work assignments within specific guidelines.
IV. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
A. Within Company
Within division or subsidiary.
B. Outside of Company
Considerable outside contact.
Required Skills and Education 1. CP-12 Safety and Occupational Health Professional Certificate
2. Received OSHA Training
Preferred Skills and Education 1. Bachelor Degree in Professional Aeronautics
2. Back Ground in Army Aviation Safety Programs to support of DCMA 8210C, Change 1 workAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom