AV-8B Aircraft Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Yuma, AZ 85369, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking an Aircraft Technician to support the AV-8B Fleet Support Team (FST) at MCAS Yuma, AZ.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide technical guidance and information in the evaluation of unusual maintenance problems.
- Provide guidance and instruction on the use of associated special tools and test equipment.
- Emphasize safety precautions to be taken in all training provided.
- Demonstrate the best method of installing modifications, retro-fit kits, etc.
- Render technical guidance to resolve difficult and unusual maintenance problems through reach-back to OEM engineering (through a subcontract with OEM or partnership with the FST)
- Provide an analysis of maintenance difficulties and advise on the establishment of changes to maintenance, inspection, and training programs designed to improve the quality of maintenance.
- Provide technical information related to maintenance and operational problems. Communicate issues within the aviation community that is applicable to the T/AV-8B program and promptly inform the COR of this issue.
- Provide a liaison through which information related to installation kit, check out procedures and related data problems can be quickly relayed to the vendor for correction and/or resolution.
- Provide guidance to maintenance personnel in preparing failure data, unsatisfactory reports, and trend analysis.
- Validate that technical assistance and training is documented in the Naval Air Technical Engineering Command (NATEC) Electronic Local Area Request Solutions (ELAR) database.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide training (on-site classroom and on-the-job) to military and civilian personnel. The training includes maintenance and operation techniques pertaining to adjustment, calibration, troubleshooting, bench check, routine maintenance, inspection, and repair of the assigned system/equipment, including related control equipment. Training shall support T/AV-8B technical training needs and respond to the unit needs within one working day.
- Devise local training course outlines, lesson plans, and written examinations, including guidance to military and civilian personnel of the Department of Defense in identifying needed training programs.
- Provide a monthly informational copy of the training outlines, lesson plans, and written examinations to the COR.
- Provide at a minimum the following training:
- Provide support and training for the T/AV-8B AV in the following areas, but not limited to: Communication, navigation, radar, stores management, angle rate bombing, mission computer, multipurpose display, stability augmentation, departure resistance, engine and fuel indicating, power distribution, electronic countermeasures, and related SE.
- Provide support and training for the T/AV-8B AF in the following areas, but not limited to: the AV-8B/TAV-8B aircraft airframe and associated engine interface, control surface rigging, fuel, and nozzle actuation systems, environmental control including OBOGS, landing and arresting gear, composite repair, non-destructive inspection, and corrosion control, anti-skid, ejection seat, vibration analysis, and associated SE.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
High School Diploma + 4 years AV-8B or related aircraft experience
Previous experience reading and interpreting Technical Publications of aircraft maintenance and parts manuals, engineering drawingsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom