Autorouter Experienced Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment to support the Autorouter program. Autorouter is a set of automatic and interactive decision aids to support complex planning tasks. The qualified candidate will support mission planning, autorouting, and threat modeling algorithm development of automated generation and mission analysis tools for the overall planning of manned and unmanned Low Observable airframes into both the Unix-based and JMPS-based Mission Planning Environments (MPEs) used by the United States Air Force. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
The primary tasks include the development and maintenance of capabilities across the various Autorouter variants. All tasking, including peer reviews, will be under general direction and supervision:
- Develop new or modify existing autorouting and threat modeling algorithms to address evolving customer needs
- Provide test support by helping design algorithm tests and analyzing output data for accuracy
- Analyze customer workflow and develop CONOPs to support UI development
- Close interaction with other engineers on the team is required to achieve program objectives
- Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, user training and customer meetings
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship statusRequired Skills and Education
- Must possess a Secret clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Experience with implementing mission planning, autorouting, and threat modeling algorithms
- An in-depth understanding of threat radar and missile systems, aircraft flight performance, weapon, and aircraft planning workflow
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and Agile Management and collaboration tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering or a related discipline + 10 years’ practical experience
- Possess a Top Secret clearance
- Air Force mission planning experience
- An understanding of the software development process in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development environment
- JOMS/NOMS (Open Mission Planning Software) experience
- JMPS (Joint Mission Planning System) / MPE (Mission Planning Environment) Integration experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom