Aircraft Boresight System Engineering Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76107-4600, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Electronic Systems is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to contribute to the technical development on programs within our Test Products & Support portfolio. As a Principal Systems Engineer, you will work as part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team to design, integrate, debug, test, and sustain our Support Equipment for the F-16 and other aircraft platforms. Your focus will be on delivering Support Equipment solutions through the lifecycle of system development which includes requirements development, design analysis, and integration & test, and sustainment. You will also be involved with project bids and proposals.
- Participation in engineering project bids and proposals
- Planning assigned engineering projects
- Translate requirements into system design architecture by providing systems engineering guidance for multidisciplinary design teams providing allocation of requirements to engineering disciplines
- Research and write System Specifications for new systems
- Creation of traceability matrix of higher level requirements to lowest level requirements
- Participation in customer meetings
- Creation of test procedures and reports
- Perform system build, integration, debugging and testing (hands-on product development)
- Creation of operating and maintenance procedures
- Support domestic and foreign training of equipment on and off-aircraft
- Travel: about 10% domestic and foreign
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- US Citizenship required
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering and 5-7 years related industry experience or equivalent experience BS or MS in math/physics is required
- Experience with design of mechanical systems
- Experience with hardware/software systems integration and troubleshooting required
- Experience communicating technical requirements to multi-disciplinary engineering team required
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Able to demonstrate ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with decomposing/deriving requirements
- Experience with integration and test
- Exposure to technical performance measurements
- Exposure to identifying technical risks
- Experience designing military products considered a plus
- Experience with photogrammetry tools and methods considered a plus
- Experience with MatLab, Mathcad or other analysis tools considered a plus
- Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML / Magic Draw) considered a plus
- Ability to organize multiple projects, communicate information with various levels of stakeholders, and keep organized documentation.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom