Program Planner Senior - CEMA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Merrimack, NH 03054-4898, US
Project & Program Management
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you with a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Program Planning team is a trusted business partner, providing information and innovative solutions for decision-making that are critical to delivering quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development, encouraging employees to build a long-term career here at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day-to-day assignments, employees are provided opportunities to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs, networking events and job rotation opportunities, providing a diverse exposure to other areas of the organization. These opportunities could be in the areas of Program Planning Functional Management, Program Management, Risk Management, Finance, Contracts and Operations, to name just a few.
Join the BAE Systems Program Planning team as a Senior Program Planner, supporting the dynamic and challenging Countermeasure & Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) business area. As part of our Program Excellence organization, you will work closely with the Program Management and Risk Management teams to coordinate and execute key critical planning support on our Defense Industry programs.
The individual selected for this exciting and challenging position would be recognized as a Senior Program Planner who demonstrates proficiency in all planning tools and processes. You will actively work with your cross-functional program teams and Program Excellence leadership to deliver effective and timely solutions to support the organizations planning and execution needs on both proposals and programs. This career advancing role will provide you exposure within the DoD/Aerospace industry and promote career growth within the field.
- As a Senior Program Planner at BAE Systems, you will facilitate the development of Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) that will guide program execution and serve as the basis for Earned Value performance.
- Lead/facilitate the planning, establishment and maintenance of the Performance Measurement Baseline
- Communicates schedule guidelines/techniques to program team for IMP/IMS development
- Ensure that all schedules are fully compliant with internal policies, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR)
- Develop and conduct critical and driving path analyses on the baseline schedule in compliance with internal, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR)
- Identify trends using common schedule Metrics (DCMA 14pt, BEI, EVAS data driven metrics, etc.), suggests corrective actions in a timely manner and supports implementation
- Resource load budgets into schedules to support EVMS measurement and reporting.
- Perform Schedule Assessments and Analyses on the baseline IMS to identify schedule risks and participate in Risk Management
- Review, recommend and implement, as appropriate, schedule work-around or recovery plans in a proactive manner
- Routinely assist program management by monitoring SPI/CPI and BEI performance and preparing schedule status reports for customer and/or business management reviews
- Perform and analyze schedule risk assessments (SRA) as required
Required Skills and Education
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar; or equivalent experience
- Planning/scheduling experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence diverse work teams
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Project or other Planning SW, MS Excel, and MS Office applications
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with Cobra, and Schedule Risk SW.
- Four (4) years of planning/scheduling experience in the defense industry or similar technical field
- Experience with project forecasting and analysis, particularly in a US Defense environment
- Understanding and knowledge with regards to industry Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide (PASEG)
- General understanding of US DoD schedule policies and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) requirements.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom